Fantasy · Indie Author · Indie Author Showcase · Uncategorized

Indie Author Showcase – Chris Pridmore

Happy Monday everyone and welcome to another Indie Author Showcase! The author of today’s showcase is Chris Pridmore and his debut novel ‘The Last Child of Leif’.

Goodreads Synopsis:31805333

Forced from my home, I find myself fleeing from the evil forces that killed my father. My mother and Sebastian, our protector, are by my side — but for how long?

I soon find myself travelling with a circus led by a kindly man called Konrad, but my young mind doesn’t know who to trust. Sebastian seems less at ease with every passing day. I’m struggling to cope with the tragedy that has befallen me, and the world now seems a lot more dangerous than I had ever imagined.

My name is Prince Valiant, and I am a Child of Leif.

Getting to know Chris:

Chris Pridmore was born and raised in Harlow, Essex. He moved to Scotland to study chemistry at the University of St Andrews, and now lives in Llandudno, North Wales. In the past, Chris often thought about writing a book but always considered it a pipe dream. It wasn’t until he suffered a serious head injury that he decided it was time to stop dreaming and start doing. Three years later, after somehow finding time to write around work, getting a black belt in Karate, getting married and preparing for his second child, the first draft of his first book was finished.

– The book is an epic fantasy fiction story.

– The story is told from the perspective of the main character, as he looks back on his life from the gallows.

– I started writing the story after a close call with death which required brain surgery to fix.

Reviews:

“This book was free on kindle, but time can be precious and free isn’t everything . This book was worth the time to read an unrated book by an unknown author. I read a lot of fantasy and have a library of books started and unfinished in paper and on kindle. This was different, I felt I was in the moving circus, the world building was great and even though there are many characters the writer had the talent to let us get to know all of them. Sebastian, valiant and will have you fight in their corner. I am 85% through the book but wanted to leave a review so hopefully others will give the book a chance. Can’t wait to read the next book and more by the author . Coffee made now back to the last 15%!”

“Whilst browsing books to break away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, I came across The Last Child of Leif and unexpectedly discovered that it was worth to read.
The book’s real strength is the way all the ideas fit together to produce a convincing and immersive world. A truly immersive world is created by Chris Pridmore, filled with a unique history and culture, both consistent and enthralling. The pace of the novel is balanced with time to get drawn in before immersing in the turmoil of events. It is very well written and each character has both strengths and flaws that make you angry with them, or annoyed. I do not think of this as bad. Prince Valiant and his protector, Sebastian thread their way through the entire plot, from the lethal effects of essence to the theological and philosophical discussions of moral issues. As you read on, you discover more and more about this well-crafted world, and its enchanting stuff.
I would definitely recommend this book. It takes you away from the humdrum of everyday life and takes you on an adventure that seems so realistic you can identify with it. This is definitely a book that makes me want to read more, to see what happens next and if the characters grow anymore.”

“I loved this book. The first sentence of the prologue gripped my attention and dragged me fully into the world Chris Pridmore has created and I remained fully immersed until the last full stop. In fact, I think part of me is still there, lingering around the carriages hoping to catch a whisper of what happens next!”

If you want to check out this book for yourself you can purchase here. Or if you want to know more check out his awesome website The Last Child of Leif it includes the first chapter as well as character backgrounds!

Also you can Follow Chris on Twitter @ChrisPridmore or Facebook @thelastchildofleif.

If your an Indie author and would like to participate send an email through to f-n-m@outlook.com with your name, the book you would like to showcase and three things you would like your readers to know and I will get back to you asap.

Advertisements

One thought on “Indie Author Showcase – Chris Pridmore

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s