Thanks so much to Jay @ This Is My Truth Now for nominating me for this award! Jay runs a truly awesome blog which includes book reviews, TV and film reviews and his own personal 365 challenge which explores a characteristic of himself each day. If you haven’t check out his blog yet, make sure you go check it out, you won’t regret it I promise!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 10 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How I started my Blog:
Starting a blog has always been something that’s been in the back of my mind, one of those things I would think about and decide yes that’s something I want to do, and then promptly go and do something else forgetting the thought had crossed my mind in the first place. A few months ago I decided that I should really become more determined and start actually doing things that I have wanted to do. Still I had absolutely no idea what I would write about, surely I had opinions and views on the world that could translate into a blog post. Turns out not has many as I wanted, this was until I stumbled across a blog dedicated to books. It took approximately 3 seconds before I had formulated a plan and was setting up my site!
Advice for New Bloggers:
- One of the main things I struggled with when I first started was knowing when and how often I wanted to post. After setting up a schedule of sorts I felt pressured to keep to it without wavering. After awhile it started to feel like more of a job then something I wanted to do for fun. My advice is that while setting up a schedule is good (definitely keeps me more focused and motivated) don’t feel guilty if life get’s in the way and you have to postpone a post or your not posting as much you initially thought you would. Make sure it remains something you do for fun.
- Don’t afraid to experiment with your posts, there is no right or wrong way to blog so if you have an idea go for it, not everything might work out how you was expecting but you never know until you try!