Hi guys, so I’m super excited as I have been tagged in two awards in the last few days, and as I had so much fun with one I did earlier in the week, I decided to go ahead and participate in these ones two! I am going to combine them as opposed to doing two separate posts so bear with me.
The first one is the Liebster Award.
Thanks you so much to Stephanie at Stephanie’s Novel Fiction for nominating me she is a newish blogger that I met a few weeks ago and I just love reading her posts, if you don’t know her already you should definitely go check her out!
Here are the rules for the award:
Say thank you to the person who has nominated you for the Award.
Answer the 11 questions the person has asked you
Nominate 11 people
Ask the people who you have nominated 11 question
Here are my questions for my nominees:
- What is your favourite time of day to read and reading snacks/drinks?
Probably the evening right before bed, I love the quiet and the darkness and it usually helps me nod of to sleep! Tea and biscuits (probably choc chip cookies) would have to be my choice of drinks and snacks.
- What has been the most rewarding part about having a book blog?
Talking to people! About books!
- Besides reading, what do you like to do in your free time?
I guess reading is a given haha, but I do game with my partner a bit. (At this point with the amount of consoles in our house it’s hard not too)
- What’s number 1 on your bucket list of things to see or do?
Go to Italy, I would love to go to Venice and Rome.
- What is your favourite post that you’ve written? (Please provide link!)
I loved writing Books that leave you in tears, which also led to so many great suggestions of more tear-jerker books!
- So far, what’s your favourite book of 2017?
Ahhh that’s a hard one there have been so many, I think I will go with Pieces of my Life – Rachel Dan
- If you could travel to the past or future, which would you choose and why?
I’m gonna go with the past, as curious as I am about the future, there are far to many things I would love to see first hand in the past.
- Have you learned anything from blogging? If so, what?
I think for me would be to try and write exactly what I’m thinking, it’s not an essay or report it’s your thoughts and feelings about something in particular so don’t try to be too formal.
- If you were stuck on a deserted island for six months (without any wifi), what four real books would you bring with you to read?
O man I probably wouldn’t last the six months, not for the lack of wifi, just my general clumsiness and terrible experiences with camping don’t bode well. However the books that I would take would be: The Harry Potter Series, The Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson, Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult, and Rachel’s Holiday by Marian Keyes. (I know I kinda cheated but six months is a long time)
- Do you have a favourite quote? If so, what is it?
“No two persons ever read the same book” Edmund Wilson
- What is your favourite dessert?
The Second awards I have been nominated for is the Sunshine Blogger Award, I was nominated by Patty at Moonshine Corner, she is another newish blogger that I have connected with a few weeks ago and another I strongly recommend checking out!
- Thank the person/persons that nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator has given you.
- Nominate 11 other people and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- List the rules and display the award
QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES TO ANSWER
- What famous person’s death has affected you the most, and why?
Probably Steve Irwin’s, for a large part of my childhood me and my Nan would spend the evenings watching ‘The Crocodile Hunter” so I remember being very upset when I heard he had died.
- Who is your favorite author, and why?
At the moment Jodi Picoult, I love that she takes serious topics and manages to write books exploring multiple points of views, though saying that I can’t read multiple Jodi Picoult books at once they have to be spread out.
- What book character is most like you, and why?
Ahh I really don’t know, I can’t remember ever reading a book and thinking wow this character is so like me, then again I might have and just completely forgot.
- What destination would be on your bucket list? Explain.
Same as above Italy!
- Where is your favorite place to read, and why?
Snuggled up in bed.
- What movie adaption of a book do you like the most and which do you hate, and why?
One that I loved would have to be the last Harry Potter movies (part one and two), one which I hated would be Eragon.
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
Feeding the ducks with my Grandparents, not because of my love of ducks but more because we may have greatly underestimated how many ducks, geese and swans were actually there and ended up running in terror flinging whole pieces of bread as a distraction. Terrifying at the time but pretty funny to look back on.
- What extreme sport would you try, and why?
I used to play kayak polo which wasn’t really ‘extreme’ but possibly a more extreme version of Kayaking.
- Why did you start your blog?
It’s always been at the back of mind that I probably would like to do it and I saw as I found one bookish blog I was off.
- What is your favorite food?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I might make myself a little taller, not that I don’t love being short but at just scraping 5ft it might be nice to have a little bit extra.
Instead of listing my nominees if you would like to do this I nominate you, just let me know and I will add the link to yours at the bottom of the page. I’m also going to be kinda lazy and use the questions I asked on my previous post so here they are:
- Read or Write?
- Favourite Book Series?
- If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
- What is the most annoying habit that other people have?
- Are you usually early or late?
- What book universe would you most like to in?
- What age do you wish you could permanently be?
- Where is the most interesting place you’ve been?
- What’s something you’ve been meaning to try but just haven’t gotten around to it?
- What one thing do you really want but can’t afford?
- What city would you most like to live in?